Gonna play this again later today, this game has a bright future ahead of it. Do consider adding upgrades which change how the fists operate in the future, I think it would be a lot of fun!
Progress Devlog - Post Revival Jam
This is the end of the first week of renewed development of Boss Breaker following Revival Jam 2023. I managed to make a decent chunk of progress this week and would like to go over it with y’all. Many of these changes come from the feedback I received from the Revival Jam, which is always appreciated.
The major changes/updates include:
- Increased base player movement speed
- Decreased stamina cost for dashing
- Fixed health boxes getting stuck in walls
- Fixed bug with player fists that would destroy everything in their path when close to an object
- Added dust particle effects when the player hits an object
- Fixed entity sprites becoming offset when the game is paused
- Fixed player hit-box
- Reworked player punching system to be more reliable
- Changed health box spawn chance from 40% to 25%
- Fixed player fists freaking out when next to a wall
- Added dedicated punching stamina cost instead of constantly removing stamina when punching
- Decreased base stamina recharge amount
- Added controller input support
- Updated tutorial to support controllers
- Added controls option in the pause menu
- Decreased base punch rate speed
The updated build is already public on the store page so feel free to go check it out.
Thanks for reading,